Welcome to My Journey

This past year - 2010/2011 - has been one of great challenge and discovery, not all of it pleasant. As one phase of my life ends and another begins, I invite you to join me on my journey.

The title of this blog, "Exodus ~ my journey to the Promised Land," refers to a process of emerging from a life of bondage to sin into a new life in Jesus Christ. Here, you will find my thoughts, prayers, prose, questions, answers, struggles and triumphs. And since photgraphy is the primary activity that keeps me sane, you'll find some of my creative work here, as well.

Some of what I share will be quite personal; it is my hope and prayer that anyone reading it will not be dismayed by the challenges, but rather encouraged by GOD's mercy, love and grace as I leave behind my old life and discover who I am in Christ.

Comments and questions are always welcomed. Be Blessed!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me...

I subscribe to a daily email called, His Princess Love Letters by Sheri Rose Shepherd. This morning's post was titled, "Open Your Gifts." 

 My Gifted Bride,
I have placed a gift inside your soul that will bring you great joy and purpose. It's buried inside you waiting to be discovered. Don't let it be swallowed up by daily distractions and drowned by disappointment.

When you are ready to open your heart to Me and receive from your eternal Husband, I will show you how to unwrap your hopes and dreams and teach you to be who I made you to be. I am the giver of every good and perfect gift, so don't be afraid, My beloved to believe what I say.


The gift I offer you is everlasting and priceless.

Love,
Your Gift-giving Prince


"The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
         Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
         Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
Psalm 138:8 NKJV


One of the "gifts" I believe the Lord has given me is that of creativity - specifically in the area of photography. He has blessed me with a "photographer's eye" and I often literally feel a thrill rush through me when I happen upon a scene or object that cries out to be captured on {digital} film. Along with shooting the photos, I also delight in the digital processing of them - increasing contrast, adding a soft blur or desaturating the colors to change the mood of a photo.  In addition, I enjoy using digital textures and brushes to add an artistic quality to my images and I often include a word, quote or Scripture to express my faith, offer encouragement or share a message.

Something I've been considering off and on for a couple of years has now become an every day thought -- going public with my photo art and offering pieces for sale online. I am eager to do this, yet also reluctant to put myself "out there" and open my heart to yet more rejection. If this idea works, I may be able to supplement my income - a definite necessity - but more importantly, I will be able to share my faith, my witness to GOD's beauty, majesty, mercy, grace and love.  My objective would not be to make money, but to share the love of Christ with those who would see my pieces.  The joy is in the process and in knowing that others are being touched.

But, rejection is still a big thing for me and with what I am going through now - the end of my marriage - I don't know if it's worth the risk. Plus, if I go to the expense and energy of setting up shop online and nothing sells -- that's money I cannot afford to lose. On the other hand, is it realistic to expect success right away?  It could take several months before I see any interest in my work.  When I post things in my photo blog or on Facebook, a few people will comment on the work, but often, no one even looks.  So what if the same thing happens with an online shop?

Well, maybe I should read through that letter from my King again and take to heart what He's saying to me, "...don't be afraid, Beloved..."  I guess I should gather up my pennies and get a few of my pieces printed out to make sure they are good enough to actually sell.  If so, I'll begin the process of opening a shop. If not -- back to the drawing board.

Be Blessed ~ klb

No comments:

Post a Comment